Serve Day Questions
WHAT IS Serve Day?
• The vision of Serve Day is for us, the local church, to go into our communities and love our neighbors. Love our city, Hundreds of people will take on practical projects, and through these acts of service, we hope people’s hearts will experience the love of Jesus through the church.
For even the son of man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give his life as a ransom for many. Mark 10:45
Do I have to be a member of FLC to be part of Serve Day?
• No, you do not; however, if your church is having a serve day, we encourage you to partner with them.
How can I be part of Serve Day?
• Simply sign up for one of our available projects.
Can my children volunteer with me?
• We would love your children to serve. Please check if the project allows their age group. (Block Party, Nursing Home, Lawn care, Women’s & Children’s Hospital)
Can I volunteer for more than one project?
• Yes; however, complete your first commitment before joining another project.
Can I meet the team at the location for the project I signed up for?
• No, due to security and parking, this is not allowed.
If my project continues through lunch time will food be provided?
• Yes (We will provided a brown bag lunch. Ex: sandwich, chips, cookie, and drink)
Will I need to bring supplies for the project?
• Project supplies depend on the project. The Team Leader will contact you (Ex: Lawncare: Yes, bring your own equipment and supplies. Painting, Cooking, Block Party: No personal supplies are needed; we will provide everything needed.)